Student Visa Attorney
F-1, F-2, M-1, M-2 Visas

If you are coming to the U.S. to complete a course of study of more than 18 hours a week, you will need a student visa. On the other hand, if you are coming primarily for tourism and want to take a short course of study of less than 18 hours per week, you may be able to do so on a visitor visa.

Below you will find some general information about the F1 and M1 student visas. Please visit our especially designed site about student visas for more detailed information on F-1 student visas, M-1 student visas and J-1 visas. You can also visit the EducationUSA web site created by the Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs to learn about educational opportunities for undergraduate and graduate study, opportunities for scholars, financial aid, testing, admissions, and much more.

In most countries, first time student visa applicants are required to appear for an in-person interview. However, each embassy and consulate sets its own interview policies and procedures regarding student visas. Students should consult Embassy web sites or call for specific application instructions.

Keep in mind that June, July, and August are the busiest months in most consular sections, and interview appointments are the most difficult to get during that period. Students need to plan ahead to avoid having to make repeat visits to the Embassy. To the extent possible, students should bring the documents suggested below, as well as any other documents that might help establish their ties to the local community.

Please visit the following links if you need information on other Non-immigrant visas:

Changes introduced shortly after September 11, 2001 involve extensive and ongoing review of visa issuing practices as they relate to our national security. It is important to apply for your visa well in advance of your travel departure date.

International StudentsThe selection of the right type of student visa and the proper handling of both the application and the process, are key elements for a successfull outcome. Call our immigration attorneys today at 407-500-0000 if you want to apply for a student visa. You can also e-mail our Immigration Division or fill out our online form and one of our immigration attorneys will contact you shortly. We are committed and honored to assist you with all of your immigration needs.

(407) 500-0000

About Us
Translation Services
Privacy Policy
Contact Us

Subscribe to our Newsletter

(407) 500-0000
E-mail Us

US Immigration Attorneys | About Us | Immigrant Visas | Non-Immigrant Visas | Asylum | Citizenship | Deportation | Translation Services | Contact Us


The Plaza
189 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1800
Orlando, FL 32801
t: 407 500 0000

Nottingham, UK
Paragon Law
Hockley Village, NG1 3AJ
DX 702154, Nottingham 6
t: 115 9644 123

(c) Copyright 2015 NeJame Law

Follow NeJameLaw on Twitter